Looks like you need the best AR armorers wrench. Let’s get after it…
If you deal in firearms, you probably know that having the right tools is more than critical. Working on AR-15 is no different, and that’s exactly where an AR Armorers wrench comes in the picture. It is, indeed, one of the most critical tools for working with and on AR 15, and a multipurpose one at that. It is more of a multipurpose tool, which can be used for a single function easily but doubles up for more jobs when required. AR armorers wrench is typically required to remove a muzzle device or to add one, to tighten or loosen nuts, barrel nuts or even what’s the “hand guard ring”.
As with any tool, if you want to find the best AR armorers wrench, it is necessary to look for the right things, and in this post, we are discussing everything you need to know.
In a hurry? WE GET IT, dudes. See our top pick below!
Reviewing the top products
- Feeke’s Castle Nut Removal Wrench Tool. Feeke brings this wrench tool, which is designed for high strength and assured performance. The product is made of high carbon steel and has been further heat treated and is also corrosion resistant, thanks to black oxide coating. The product dimensions are 0.12-inch thickness, 1.85-inch width and 8.26-inch long. The company offers 100% lifetime guarantee on the product, while the thick rubber grip is designed for extra control. We recommend this product all kinds of needs with AR 15.
- Mystool Ar15 M4 M16 Combo Rifle Multi Tool. If you are looking for an Armorer’s wrench that can perform all tasks, this one from Mystool is a good choice. Made of solid steel, the wrench is one of the best removal tools we tried. The product is priced right and is designed for professional use, so you can always have it in your gearbox.
- GearWrench 9509 13-Piece SAE Reversible Combination Ratcheting Wrench Set. We have included this product from GearWrench for the sheer use around fasteners. You don’t need to remove the fastener to change direction, and there are 13-pieces included, so the set can come handy for a wide range of uses. The wrenches have all metal construction and a special chrome finish that’s meant to last.
- Cross Castle Nut Removal Wrench Tool. Cross Engineering brings this tool, which is ideal for gum smiting, made of high carbon steel, which has been further heat treated. The product further has a black oxide coating, which makes it corrosion resistant. It fits mil-spec castle nuts and commercial castle nuts and has a nice rubberized grip for easy handling. The company offers lifetime warranty on the product.
What to look for in a good AR armorers wrench?
Wrenches are all about performance, and for those who know how an AR armorers wrench looks like, they will agree that it is a diverse tool of sorts. It goes without saying that you would not be replacing it in near future, which is why quality and craftsmanship are two aspects that cannot be compromised with. Here are some of the basics that must be checked in the AR armorers wrench.
- It’s a known fact that wrenches typically bear the abuse of varied tasks, and in the case of AR armorers wrench, the tool has more than one use. As such, it is a good idea to consider the build of the wrench and the quality of the product before taking the call. It should be able to do the job without getting damaged.
- Price and brand. Both the price and brand are critical aspects that matter in selecting an AR armorers wrench. You need to choose a company that doesn’t compromise on the construction, and the price should be in sync with that. Don’t shy away from spending a tad more on gun smiting wrenches.
- With AR armorers wrenches, you have to check if the tool is easy to use, handle and store. Because you would be working with it for AR-15s more frequently, you don’t want to end up with injuries. The product shouldn’t leave any marks on your firearms.
We hope that this post helped in finding the right wrench, and if you need to find more, you can always check online. Get the best AR armorer’s tool for your gearbox now!
Any gun lover knows that having the right tools to work on your guns is going to be essential. And having the right tool to work on your AR-15 is also going to be a must. Without the right tools to work on your guns, you can cause damage to the weapons that you love so much. So find yourself the right tool kit before you buy so you have the right wrench every time you need to work on your AR. Finding the right tools for the job does not have to be difficult. It does not have to leave you frustrated because there are just so many options out there to choose from. We get it, it can be hectic! Sifting through thousands of other options while trying to figure out which ones are the best can be somewhat of an annoyance. And that is why Club ManDude is here! Because we know how to meticulously track down all the best options out there and bring them direct to you without all the added fluff. That is our gift to you for coming to us for the answers. And when you take a look at the options we have put together just for the gun lover in you, we believe you will be able to find the absolute best options for your needs. And you are going to love it.
We do not necessarily expect you to know which brands are going to be the best. And if you do, kudos to you! We took the time to get picky and figure out which tool options are going to be the best for AR owners. And what we found is there are some really great brands out there with the gun lovers of the world in mind when they make their tools. Just because we don’t have top of the food chain hand tool brands on the list does not mean they aren’t the best tools for getting the job done. What we have found is that these companies specialize in tools for guns, so any one of these options will be a great choice no matter which you go with. So take a look at some of the features each one has to offer, we are certain you are going to find some unique parts of these tools that help you in the decision making process. Hey, if there is one thing that helps you to say “yes” to one of our options, then we are doing our job right! So take a look at these bad boys and see if you can find yourself the one that is going to get you excited next time you need to work on your AR. And the great news about tool manufacturers is that they usually make a bunch of rad stuff if they make one awesome tool, so what other goodies these guys have to offer. You will not be disappointed.
When you compare the prices of these sets, you will see that getting a new tool kit does not have to break the bank. Getting a good set of tools will not be cheap if you want the right stuff, but rest assured that any one of these kits is a great option and will be durable for years to come. Especially in regard to hand tools. There are so many manufacturers out there, but not all of them stand up to the test of time. What we wanted to do was make sure we were finding options that not only get the job done very time, but they are going to hold up to the wear and tear that comes with working with hand tools. And guns. So if you do end up going with one of our options, you can rest assured that you are going to have yourself a new set of tools that are made to last and will not crap out on you after a week. They will have a comfortable feel and provide the confidence to properly maintain your gun each time you service it.
Now, just in case you want some more information before you buy, head over to Amazon. We have got you covered there because nobody is more honest than a person on the internet reviewing a brand new product they’re trying out for the first time. So head over and take a look at some of the buyer verified reviews, there you will find people who have actually used these tools with a lot of success. Sure, you may get a negative review here and there, you can’t please everyone. But you will find plenty of positivity surrounding these tool kits, and we hope it helps the buying process!
Having the right tools to work on your AR is going to be essential. You cannot use any old hand tools to work on that bad boy, so find yourself an awesome tool kit made specially to work on your guns. We are confident you are going to find something that gets the job done right every time.
Frequently Asked Questions
1. Why should I consider buying a good-quality armorer’s wrench?
Having a good-quality armorer’s wrench is essential in many ways. If you want to keep your gun functional and aesthetic in the long run, you should invest in one. Not only are they long-lasting, but they also allow you to tighten any bolt or nut easily. Additionally, they are multi-purpose designs, which means you can use them for your home improvements projects too.
2. Are AR-15s assault rifles?
The idea of AR-15 being an assault rifle is a myth. They may have started as assault rifles because they offer a switch between full-auto and semi-auto fire. However, civilian models don’t have that option. Hence, they aren’t assaulted rifles.
3. Will I need a specific armorer’s wrench for my AR-15?
When you look at it technically, the answer is no. You can use regular wrenches if you can find them in the right types and sizes. However, when you use a regular wrench to reach different nuts may cause damages and scratches to the rifle. If you want your gun to good look for a long duration, it’s best to get a single-purpose armorer’s wrench.