Looking for the Best AR Armorers Wrench? Let’s Get After It…
If you deal in firearms, you probably know that having the right tools is more than critical. Working on AR-15 is no different, and that’s exactly where an AR Armorers wrench comes in the picture. It is, indeed, one of the most critical tools for working with and on AR 15, and a multipurpose one at that. It is more of a multipurpose tool, which can be used for a single function easily but doubles up for more jobs when required. AR armorers wrench is typically required to remove a muzzle device or to add one, to tighten or loosen nuts, barrel nuts or even what’s the “hand guard ring”.
As with any tool, if you want to find the best AR armorers wrench, it is necessary to look for the right things, and in this post, we are discussing everything you need to know.
In a hurry? WE GET IT, dudes. See our top pick below!
Reviewing the top products
- Feeke’s Castle Nut Removal Wrench Tool. Feeke brings this wrench tool, which is designed for high strength and assured performance. The product is made of high carbon steel and has been further heat treated and is also corrosion resistant, thanks to black oxide coating. The product dimensions are 0.12-inch thickness, 1.85-inch width and 8.26-inch long. The company offers 100% lifetime guarantee on the product, while the thick rubber grip is designed for extra control. We recommend this product all kinds of needs with AR 15.
- Mystool Ar15 M4 M16 Combo Rifle Multi Tool. If you are looking for an Armorer’s wrench that can perform all tasks, this one from Mystool is a good choice. Made of solid steel, the wrench is one of the best removal tools we tried. The product is priced right and is designed for professional use, so you can always have it in your gearbox.
- GearWrench 9509 13-Piece SAE Reversible Combination Ratcheting Wrench Set. We have included this product from GearWrench for the sheer use around fasteners. You don’t need to remove the fastener to change direction, and there are 13-pieces included, so the set can come handy for a wide range of uses. The wrenches have all metal construction and a special chrome finish that’s meant to last.
- Cross Castle Nut Removal Wrench Tool. Cross Engineering brings this tool, which is ideal for gum smiting, made of high carbon steel, which has been further heat treated. The product further has a black oxide coating, which makes it corrosion resistant. It fits mil-spec castle nuts and commercial castle nuts and has a nice rubberized grip for easy handling. The company offers lifetime warranty on the product.
What to look for in a good AR armorers wrench?
Wrenches are all about performance, and for those who know how an AR armorers wrench looks like, they will agree that it is a diverse tool of sorts. It goes without saying that you would not be replacing it in near future, which is why quality and craftsmanship are two aspects that cannot be compromised with. Here are some of the basics that must be checked in the AR armorers wrench.
- It’s a known fact that wrenches typically bear the abuse of varied tasks, and in the case of AR armorers wrench, the tool has more than one use. As such, it is a good idea to consider the build of the wrench and the quality of the product before taking the call. It should be able to do the job without getting damaged.
- Price and brand. Both the price and brand are critical aspects that matter in selecting an AR armorers wrench. You need to choose a company that doesn’t compromise on the construction, and the price should be in sync with that. Don’t shy away from spending a tad more on gun smiting wrenches.
- With AR armorers wrenches, you have to check if the tool is easy to use, handle and store. Because you would be working with it for AR-15s more frequently, you don’t want to end up with injuries. The product shouldn’t leave any marks on your firearms.
We hope that this post helped in finding the right wrench, and if you need to find more, you can always check online. Get the best AR armorer’s tool for your gearbox now!