No matter whether you are on a diet or not, asparagus should be on your supermarket list at all times. Asparagus is not just low in fat but also contains a good amount of fiber, which comes in handy for those on a weight loss journey. Not to forget, asparagus only contains 32 calories for a cup, so it’s going to keep you full for a longer period of time. It also contains A, C, E, K, and B6 vitamins and is a good source of folate and iron, as well. Now that we are done with nutritional aspects, let’s talk about the best way to cook asparagus on the grill.
In a hurry? WE GET IT, dudes. See our top pick below!
Belle Sole Grilled & Marinated Asparagus
Things you may need!
Let’s agree that not all foods that are high on healthy nutrients are great to taste, and asparagus, sadly, is one of those veggies that isn’t a dinner favorite. It only makes sense that you cook it right, and grilling is the best thing you can do, especially if you are not a fan of boiling. Here are five things and products that we think should come in handy when you are cooking asparagus.
- Belle Sole Grilled & Marinated Asparagus. If you are a lazy cook, this product is all you need. This is basically grilled and marinated asparagus that can be used in a number of recipes. To be more precise, you don’t have to prepare the veggie. The company packs the asparagus in a handy bottle too.
- Charcoal Companion Stainless Grill Clips. For grilling your veggies, especially things like, asparagus these clips can be really handy. Made of high-quality stainless steel, the clips have serrated teeth with a spring hinge that holds the asparagus in place, preventing it from burning. There are four clips included in the package.
- InBlossoms Stainless Steel BBQ Grilling Basket. Regardless of whether you are cooking asparagus or lean meats, this is a product that you need in the kitchen for grilling on the flames. The product is easy to use, and the gaps are just perfect for cooking asparagus.
- Charcoal Companion Stainless Veggie Raft Skewers. Grilling and cooking asparagus and veggies can get a lot easier if you are using skewers, and this product, made of brushed stainless steel is just perfect. There are four skewers included in the package, which is just enough for a family meal.
- Pertique Portable Stainless Steel BBQ Grilling Basket. If you are looking for a different grilling basket, this one is a great product and comes with a handle cover and silicone brush. The basket grills are shaped right with good distance between them, so cooking asparagus is a breeze.
The best way to cook asparagus on the grill!
Bigger asparagus is always better for grilling in particular, and you don’t need a lot of seasoning, except for salt, pepper and a bit of olive oil. You can also choose to make a marinade if you want, with garlic sauce, parsley, salt, and pepper. Make sure to season and marinate the asparagus at least 15 minutes before you grill. Set the grill on a high preheating level, so that your asparagus can get a few marks here and there. You can choose to skewer the asparagus together with other veggies, as well. If the grill is preheated for about 30 minutes, you don’t need more than 10 minutes to get the asparagus with one flip in between. If you are grilling on a high hear, do not cook beyond 10 minutes. Well, you can also add a bit of parmesan or regular processed cheese on top of the asparagus, especially if you want to bake it in an OTG.
Asparagus doesn’t need a lot of time to cook and packs the right nutrients, making this a superfood in many ways. You can replace your oils and seasonings to change the taste, but with some salt and pepper, asparagus always tastes well, especially if cooked for the right time. If you are new to grilling, start by grilling veggies like this one for no more than three minutes. Some people like more doneness while others like the raw crunch, so it depends largely on what you prefer. Check online for more recipes on asparagus using other veggies.