Looking for the Best electric smoker for fish? Let’s Get After It…
Traditionally, smoking helped in preserving meat more than adding the flavor. Today, smokers are a part of most homes, because people love the experience of smoking anything and everything, from beef and pork to fish. Most of the smokers available today are great for smoking fish, but fish takes a lot less time to cook and requires more attention with regards to seasoning. In this post, we take a call on the best electric smoker for fish.
In a hurry? WE GET IT, dudes. See our top pick below!
Reviewing the 5 best options
In terms of fish smokers, you have to consider how the product is fueled. Charcoal smokers are a conventional favorite, but for modern homes, even the electric ones or propane smokers are quite adequate. Here are the five products we liked.
- Masterbuilt 20071117 30″ Digital Electric Smoker. This is an electric smoker from Masterbuilt that comes with a digital panel for control, four chrome-coated smoking racks, special smoke control feature, the dual door for adding wood chips and an inclusive thermostat temperature control. If you are cooking fish, this product will ensure precision.
- Smokehouse Products Little Chief Front Load Smoker. This is also an electric smoker from Smokehouse that’s aptly priced. You get a recipe book, chrome-plated grills, dishwasher safe drip pan, and 2-year limited warranty. What makes this one special is the low-temperature setting, which is great for all kinds of fish.
- Smoke Hollow 26142E 26-Inch Electric Smoker. With adjustable temperature control, this product from Smoke Hollow is a steal. You get two chrome-plated cooking grids, which can be adjusted for height. The package includes a wood chip, water pan for quick setup. Priced rightly, you get a low temperature of 175 Fahrenheit, making it a wise choice for fish..
- Southern Country Smokers 2 in 1 Electric Water Smoker. If you want a budget smoker, Southern Country Smokers brings this product that has cooking space measuring 351 square inches, with two chrome-plated cooking that can be adjusted. You also get a built-in gauge for temperature, an extra-sized water pan for those perfectly-flavored fish recipes.
- Bradley Smoker BTDS76P 990216 Electric Smoker. For those who don’t mind spending a tad more, this smoker from Bradley Smoker is a good choice. The smoker comes with 4 racks and is made of the highest quality material (powder epoxy steel construction). Cooking fish is a breeze in this one, especially when you want to use the smoker outdoors.
What to look for in fish smokers?
To be fair, fish smokers are the same ones used for smoking meats like chicken, beef and pork, but below is a quick overview of the things that matter the most.
- As with any smoker, you can consider the kind of fuel that the product should use. For example, charcoal has a flavor of its own, but for home use, this is a big consideration, given that the setup needs more care. Electric ones are the best if you are new to fish smoking.
- Temperature control. This is the singular aspect that determines how fish will taste after smoking, and you need to have precise control over the temperature inside the smoker. We also recommend that you get a wireless thermometer to use this feature better on the product.
- The best brands are expensive for sure, but you get an assured warranty and service assistance, and those are aspects that matter. Ideally, go for a brand that you can rely on, both for product quality and features.
- Design, functionality and build. From vertical smokers to the standard ones that also can grill and roast at the same time, the functionality of the product does matter in the long run. The design can influence how the smoky effect works, and the build is important to ensure that the product will last years of use.
- Ease of use. Setting up the electric smoker can be a bummer for beginners, so we suggest that you go for a user-friendly model, even if that means paying a tad more for your product. For cooking fishes, you need to know what you are doing with the smoker.
Finally, don’t miss on checking a few recipes related to fish smoking, and if you want to grill your fish, always use the right seasoning. A good smoker will just make your task easier, especially on a busy day.