We live in a world of constant movement. You have places to be and things to do, and you have to get them done no matter the weather. You can’t let a little rain stop you. Unfortunately, there are countless accidents every year due to rain. Having the right tires can be the best way to avoid being involved in one yourself.
Because your safety is a priority, we’ve compiled a list of the best tires for driving in the rain. We studied all the options, focusing on aspects such as design, traction, tire weight and width, speed ratings, and smoothness of ride. Then we narrowed the choices down the five best products.
In a hurry? WE GET IT, dudes. See our top pick below!
- TreadWright CLAW M/T Tire – Remold USA – LT 245/75R16 E. Receive premium quality tread wear with this model. The tread wear performance assurance is about 40,000 miles along with excellent cut resistance. The mud terrain is aggressive, which allows the tires to clean the lugs automatically and deliver maximum traction. The sidewalls are reinforced and remolded to provide additional puncture resistance and strength. The tire quality is backed with 2 years of workmanship warranty. All in all, it has every property required for rain driving conditions. The section width is 245 mm, while the rim diameter is 16 inches. And you get tread depth of 0.55 inches.
- Maxxis P185/80R13 MA-1 90S WW White Wall Tire. The manufacturer warranty on this model is for about 60,000 miles. The design has a white wall suitable for passenger vehicles. The high-performing radial design supports stability and traction when riding in rainy conditions. The weight of each tire is 21 pounds with a section width of about 185 mm. The rim diameter is 13 inches with a load index of 90 and speed rating of “S”. This tire model serves for long miles to ensure a smooth drive every time you are out in rainy conditions.
- TreadWright CLAW II M/T Tire. Tread rubber construction provides 40,000 miles of performance guarantee along with chip as well as cut resistance. The mud terrains are aggressive in design to provide top-level traction. The tire quality is capable of resisting punctures due to its reinforced sidewalls. The section width of this model is 235 mm with the rim diameter of 17 inches. The speed rating for this tire is “Q” and the tread depth is 0.55 inches. The rating for load index is 117, but the most interesting feature would be the 7.2 inches of tread width.
- Michelin Primacy 3 GRNX Tire – 235/45R18 98Y. This model is well-known for its performance on dry as well as wet pavements. The tire has its innovative sipe technology of auto-blocking along with a patented tread rubber compound. The technology of Zero Pressure allows the sidewalls to enforce more power to the tire. This way, you can drive your car even without any air pressure for about 50 miles. The construction quality supports a quiet ride. The brand ensures precision in designing and manufacturing with computer optimization. It helps to block road noise and vibrations. The section width of this tire is 235 mm.
- Bridgestone Blizzak WS80 Winter Radial Tire – 215/60R16 95H. The hydrophilic coating in this model provides additional support in rainy, snowy or icy road conditions. The construction is optimized to distribute pressure equally in the whole cavity. Hence, the tire ensures proper traction on the road. Along with that, there are bite particles that perform with excellence in achieving road grip. The sipes of zigzag shape provide additional grip on the edges as well. All these features make this model one of the best tires for rain driving. The tire construction has a radial design.
All of the tires in this list are specifically designed to handle rough weather, so you’re sure to have less slippage on the road. That’s important to avoid being involved in a traffic collision due to rain. We’re confident that the recommendations here are among the best available.
Whether it’s for work or fun, most of us drive every single day. And since we can’t control the weather, we have to take steps to ensure the safety of ourselves and everyone else on the road. To be sure that you’re still safe while driving in the rain, consider the products on this list.