A clean shave can really set a guy’s day off on the right foot. But what if the clean shave is more of a rough hack with cuts and razor burn? Not so clean anymore. Different faces and differences in the texture of facial hair can make avoiding that rough hack job shave a bit complex.
Regardless of your specific facial hair composition, it is going to take a high-quality shaving cream to get the desired lather. The effectiveness of the cream decides the smoothness and ease of shaving your beard. For a black man, choosing a shaving cream is no joke. Skin hydration and essential oils can be critical,
matter to easily shave,which is why this guide is dedicated to finding the best shaving cream for black man.
In a hurry? WE GET IT, dudes. See our top pick below!
Reviewing top shaving cream products
Let’s have a look at the highest quality shaving cream products available in the market:
- JACK BLACK Supreme Cream Triple Cushion Shave Lather. Proven and tested formula of shaving cream, this product contains soy, nut oil and other essential elements. These elements work together to hydrate your skin and soften the hair fibers. This reduces the burn of a razor and allows you to enjoy a convenient shave. The cream helps hair to stand up, which makes razor cutting easier. The lather collects between the skin and the hair. This gives protection and a cushioning shield to your skin. Hence, you can give yourself a close shave without scratching or damaging your skin in any way.
- Bib & Tucker Lime & Black Pepper Shaving Cream. This refreshing shaving cream contains all gentle ingredients. There is no Paraben content, so you will not be harming the strength of your facial hair. The rich lather includes multiple elements that moisturize, protect and soothe your facial skin. The combination of mandarin, bergamot, lemon, cardamom, magnolia, black pepper, and others come together to work as after shave cologne. These natural elements leave a beautiful scent on your skin. A gentle touch of a brush is enough to create a rich lather and shave.
- Proraso Pre-Shave Cream. This is a perfect skin preparation solution before shaving. The formula contains a balanced mix of menthol, glycerin, and eucalyptus. The tone of the lather revitalizes the skin and offers a smooth surface for shaving. The beard becomes soft immediately after applying this cream. Then, you can complete your shave. A few circular strokes with your shaving brush are enough to obtain the desired lather. Slowly massage to let the product work, and then, use the razor to smoothly shave your beard.
- Men Rock Black Pomegranate Shave Cream. The shaving cream from Men Rock contains pomegranate, which is suits all kinds of skin including the skin of a black man. The cream is also effective when you have a sensitive skin type. The scent includes the fragrances of black pepper as well as pomegranate. It moisturizes your skin and keeps it wet, so you don’t get dried areas while shaving.
- Shea Moisture African Black Soap Shave Butter Shave Cream. With a combination of shea butter and black soap from Africa, this product offers a natural blend of richness. The product contains various healing oils obtained from Coconut, Juniper, Black Seed, and Willow Bark. These natural components condition and smoothen all kinds of skin. The smoothness increases the closeness of your shave, and that too, without getting any razor drag. All the organic ingredients have been certified in the USA.
How to choose the best shaving cream for a black man?
This is how you can pick the best shaving cream choice:
- Elements. Look at how natural and organic those elements are in the product you have chosen. Necessary oils and organic extracts offer the smoothness and protection to your skin.
- Lather richness. The cream should be able to create rich lather quickly as you start the brush motion. Also, the lather should stay wet throughout the shaving process.
- Certifications. Make sure that the shaving cream has been certified by credible authorities. This ensures the quality of the elements utilized in making a formula.
- Brand. Look at the pitch of the brand when selling a shaving cream. Are they promoting the features that align with your requirements?!
- Price and deals. If you search enough, high-quality products are available in a pack of 2, 3 or more. Such packs help you save a lot of money.
So there you have it, gents. Now go out and give yourself the satisfaction of a reliably smooth shave day after day with one of the many high quality shaving creams available right at your fingertips! Off you go now, fellas – considered yourself armed with the knowledge you need to succeed. Get that ultra-smooth shave you deserve!