Fellas, I think we can admit that having an ATV is almost like having another car. It requires maintenance, upkeep and really getting down and dirty when we need to. But, our ATV is like our big wheel for adults, it allows us to be a kid again (almost!).
Unfortunately, just like a car, an ATV can also sometimes have maintenance issues and headaches! In this article, we’re going to be breaking down the best oil for ATV engines, so you can be back taking over the terrain in no time!
In a hurry? WE GET IT, dudes. See our top pick below!
- Polaris Factory ATV & Snowmobile 4-Cycle PS4 Plus Synthetic Oil Gallon. PS4 has a specific formula to deliver high strength to the engine film and ensure top-notch wear protection during high temperatures and extreme loads. The anti-wear additives are included to enhance the engine’s ability to resist corrosion and rust. One gallon of this oil offers a fully-synthetic quality of PS4 to protect the engine of your ATV. Along with that, you can also use it in the engines of snowmobiles. The formula has been tested and it’s trusted by many ATV owners. You can lubricate your ATV engine from time to time and keep its performance excellent for a long time.
- RAVENOL J1V1402 SAE 10W-40 4-Stroke ATV Quad Oil – 4-T Semi-Synthetic API SL Licensed. This pack of ATV oil weighs 4 liters. The tested quality of this oil provides reliable lubrication for ATV, QUAD, UTV and other engines. You can trust this oil for any branded engine such as Yamaha, Kawasaki, Suzuki, Honda, Polaris, and others. The oil doesn’t lose its quality even in extremely high or low temperatures. The strength of the lubrication formula supports your ATV in every condition. In fact, it is compatible with catalytic converters and wet clutch, which makes it an all-season ATV oil.
- Valvoline 4 Stroke ATV Motor Oil. Give the support of this 4 stroke oil to your ATV engines. No matter how extreme the conditions are, it will protect the engine with its lubrication. Power transmission reaches its maximum capacity with this oil, as it protects your wet clutch. It doesn’t let deposits to accumulate and allows the engine to perform with its true power. And the engine performs without corrosion or wear, which increases your ATV’s lifespan. The product is used by many ATV owners for all its properties.
- Kimpex 4-M 10W40 Moto/ATV Engine Oil. This mineral blend is the best oil for atv engines that come within the 4 stroke category. The motor oil serves as the nourishment for your engine. The package volume is about 3.78 liter, so you can get multiple packages to have a stock. It would be wise to get an oil filter separately to make the use easier. Then, using this oil becomes easier and you can leverage maximum performance out of your ATV without worrying about any wear or corrosion. The lubrication reduces the effort required to control the transmission and clutch system.
- Polaris PS-4 Oil Filter Change Kit Sportsman ATV Ranger. This is fully synthetic PS4 engine oil. Polaris provides a whole kit including PS4 2 quarts engine oil and one oil filter to help you use the oil conveniently. This is the special kit designed for the needs of ATV owners. The oil takes the engine parts and clutch system to a whole new level of performance excellence. This is a 4-cycle engine lubricant tested and approved to provide protection in every condition. The engine oil works perfectly within the wide temperature range of -40 degrees F to 100 degrees F.
Choosing a great engine oil is not as difficult as it may seem. We know it can be a super big inconvenience and headache to have to deal with but if you keep your eyes peeled for some specific qualities then you should be good to go.
When searching for a super high-quality oil for your ATV engine just make sure to look out for these qualities:
- Good lubrication
- Improves transmission power
- Wet clutch protection
- Increased ATV lifespan
- Wide temperature range
Well, there ya have it guys! Finding an oil that will not only enhance your engine’s performance but protect it as well is as easy as following the above criteria. If you do, you’re sure to find an oil that is just right for your ATV!