Writing a Novel is Hard Enough – Even Harder with the Wrong Laptop!
Writing a novel, just like writing an article about writing a novel (*wink wink*), requires a lot of creativity, a charged mind, patience and the ability to create new and original characters and plots for all to enjoy. However, long gone are the days of the typewriter and the hand-written novel, my friends; welcome to the new age of technology, where everything is done on a laptop and on the go. You’re not going to want some shady laptop that you can only slightly trust with your life’s work though – no one wants to wake up, open their laptop and wonder where all of their saved work went, work that seemingly disappeared into the nothingness that is the Unknown Depths of the Internet. You want a laptop with a great screen, lots of flexibility so you can work whenever and wherever and memory storage better than your own even when you’ve had three cups of coffee.
Take a look at some of our best-reviewed options so you can make an educated, knowledge-filled decision when you grab that new computer to write your own novel. We wrote this mini, one-chapter novel that has all the details you need to secure the best laptop for your writing – check it out!
In a hurry? WE GET IT, dudes. See our top pick below!
- HP Pavilion Laptop. You get an anti-glare display of size 15.6 inches diagonally to write comfortably. The screen supports the flexibility of working with WLED-backlit feature. You can work at night without having to keep the lights switched on. Also, it has a DDR4 memory of 8GB to help you with research work. You can browse any number of web pages with this processing memory. There is 1 TB of hard drive space to keep all your research work, written work and other files safely stored.
- Acer Predator Helios 300 Laptop. Enjoy a widescreen with IPS LED-backlit display while writing. You can write conveniently for hours without any issues, as the laptop has a refresh rate of 144Hz. Use a backlit keyboard feature to write at night without bothering anyone at home. You can rely on the processing speed with its Intel 6-core i7-9750H processor and 16GB RAM. There are different connectivity options to transfer files and establish Bluetooth and Wi-Fi networks.
- ASUS VivoBook F510UA Nanoedge Laptop. VivoBook by ASUS is a portable laptop with wide screen size. The sleek design makes it easy to carry around, so you can work anywhere at home, office, or a coffee shop. The screen supports long hours of work with its anti-glare property. You will feel comfortable while typing on the chiclet ergonomic keyboard that has a fingerprint sensor. You will be working on Windows 10 OS, which provides security and familiarity.
- Acer Aspire 5 Slim Laptop. Acer Aspire has UHD Intel Graphics 620 in its display with a widescreen of size 15.6 inches. You will find its 4GB memory quite effective in browsing the internet for research. You can keep on writing for hours as the battery life supports for 9.5 hours easily. At night, you can simply use the backlit keyboard to work on your novel. There are plenty of connectivity options to transfer files and make consistent wireless connections.
- ASUS Thin and Light 14” HD Laptop. If you travel a lot, this would be the best laptop for writing a novel. It has a sleek design with a thin profile and lightweight. So, you will feel no issues while moving around carrying this laptop. Plus, it has an HD display, 32GB storage along with additional 1TB HDD storage. You can use its headphone/microphone jack to listen to music while writing or record your ideas. There is Bluetooth 4.0, card reader, Wi-Fi and stereo speakers to add to your experience of writing.
There are tons of options for us out there, guys. And everyone has their own preference. One guy may appreciate the laptop that has a bigger screen so he can see everything crystal clear. Or maybe you’re a guy with lots of projects! No worries, we have plenty of options that include huge hard drives to pack all your projects into one place. There are some excellent options when it comes to RAM and speed, too. Give yourself everything you need, all in one place for your writing, and whatever else life may throw at you. It’s always nice to have some options should you venture into other creative territory. Or if you want the perfect computer because you know it will always be used for writing, we can accommodate that, too!
Having a great laptop that can be used for writing your next novel may not seem like the most important thing in the world, but we want you to have a machine that makes you truly happy every time you open it to get work done. After all, what’s the point of having a great computer if you can’t get tons of enjoyment out of the work you’re doing on it?
As you can see, the five great options on this post can give you everything that you need. A lot of the anti-glare screen options hold up when exterior brightness may be a factor. And plenty of writers out there are on the go a lot of the time. The ASUS Thin and Light has you covered if you’re doing a lot of traveling. And some of us guys enjoy writing in the dark the most. Not to worry! There are options with a backlit keyboard to help with staying busy, even when you like your writing space to be dark.
All of our reviewed choices have connectivity options, as well, so you can connect wherever you need that has Wi-Fi capabilities. You will never have to worry about having connection issues with these puppies, they are ready to go and will provide nothing but connection satisfaction in the age of technology. Especially when you want to get those chapters over to your editor or potential publisher, trusted friends who can give constructive criticism, or an alternate drive for safe keeping. How about transferring your files to the cloud so they’re all in one place? We’ve got you covered.
Final Thoughts, Gents
The long and short is, don’t buy just any old computer to get your creative venture going. Buy the best machine for your money. How else are you going to spend it? But the last thing we ever want is for you to have any sort of buyer’s remorse, so hopefully we have done a sufficient job at educating you on the best options. Because you deserve exactly that. The best, right?
That’s it. It’s really as simple as that. With just the click of a button, one of these awesome laptops can be yours and you can be on your way to writing your new best-selling novel (one can only hope). So, what are you waiting for? Go! Now! Hurry! Get writing!