Remember back in the day when you would take a photo and wait a few weeks to see if it turned out? There was nothing worse than finding an entire roll of pictures with blurry thumbs in the frame or eyes so red they looked demonic. Then came digital photography, and everyone gained the ability to crop, brighten, and get creative with their photos. Now there are dozens of choices when it comes to photo editing software – but that doesn’t mean you’re using the right machine for the job.
Whether you edit your photos for personal use or for your growing photography business, you need a laptop that makes the process faster and easier. This means capable processors to avoid long rendering times, the space to store every piece of art you capture, and a screen that can show you the highest image quality. With these needs in mind, we’ve put together a list of the best laptops for photoshop – none of which will break the bank.
In a hurry? WE GET IT, dudes. See our top pick below!
- Dell Inspiron 15 5000 5577 Laptop Intel Quad-Core i5-7300HQ. This is one of the best laptops to edit images. The device has powerful features to support your needs and costs comparatively reasonable. You get the processing power of Intel quad-core i5-7300HQ and speed of DDR4 RAM of 8GB. Plus, you can increase its memory to 32GB if desired. You will find its LED-backlit anti-glare display comfortable while working on photos. The screen size is 15.6 inches, which allows you to edit images in HD quality. You can save your photos in a large hard drive of size 1 TB.
- Dell Inspiron 13 7000 Touchscreen Laptop AMD Quad-Core Ryzen 5 2500U. With about the same price range, you can get your hands on this touchscreen laptop from Dell. The touchscreen feature will further enhance your convenience while editing pictures. It has a full HD display, which is attached to a flexible hinge. You can turn your laptop into a tablet and utilize this device anywhere. It gives you a massive speed with 16GB RAM and AMD Ryzen quad-core 5 2500U processor. Plus, you get SSD storage space of 256GB to keep your photos safe and well-organized in your laptop. To transfer your pictures, you can use one of the many USB ports.
- Dell Premium Inspiron 5575 Touchscreen Laptop AMD Quad-Core Ryzen 5 2500U. This laptop will get you ready for photo editing with its AMD Radeon Graphics RX Vega8. The device is not convertible, but it offers a touch screen to help you make editing work quicker and more precise. You can enjoy a speedy user experience with 8GB SDRAM and listen to music while working by using its combo jack of headphone and microphone. Connectivity choices don’t end there! This device has highly compatible USB ports, HDMI port, Bluetooth and Wi-Fi support.
- Dell i3552-3240BLK HD Laptop Intel Pentium N3700. This laptop is probably the most reasonably priced choice, which is why many users consider it the best laptop for photo editing on a budget. The device has a perfect balance of features to support your photo editing needs. You get 4GB DDR3L memory and Intel Pentium quad-core N3700 processor for speed. The integrated HD Graphics from Intel empowers the use, while you get to transfer photos easily with a 3-in-1 card reader. The device has a vast HDD storage memory of 500GB. Along with all that, you get stereo speakers, Bluetooth, long battery life and a lot more.
- Dell Inspiron Laptop Touchscreen Intel Quad-Core i5-8250U. When you want performance and elegant appeal, choose this laptop. It is a touchscreen device with IPS TrueLife technology and LED-backlit display. The screen supports multi-touch, which can increase the speed of your photo editing job. You can utilize its perfect touchpad and backlit keyboard. It will let you use all kinds of programs without any performance issues. You can edit images and store them in the SSD memory of 120GB. Or, use the USB ports to transfer them to other devices.
As the world of photography grows more mobile – as we edit our pictures while still on vacation, do touch-ups in the local coffee shop, and process more photos than ever before – the right laptop is necessary. But the machines on this list provide more than portability. They also give you the computer power you need to take your photos and turn them into art.