When it comes to your tech, sometimes one screen just isn’t enough. Our jobs, hobbies, and games often require multiple programs, windows, and media to run simultaneously. Whether for work or play, you need all the space you can get. Maybe you could improve your work flow by having your data open on one screen and your spreadsheet on another. Or, for all of you streamers, multiple external monitors are necessary for playing, recording, and interacting with fans. Some of you just don’t feel like laptop displays are large enough.
So what do you need from an external monitor? Touchscreen capabilities? Slick design that lends itself to easy moving and storage? How about a variety of input and output ports? For all of these specs – and more – we’ve put together a list of the best external monitors for your laptop. By considering screen size, weight, connectivity, resolution, and so much more, we know that the monitor you need for your laptop is somewhere on this list.
In a hurry? WE GET IT, dudes. See our top pick below!
- AOC e1659Fwu Ultra Slim Portable LED Monitor. With AOC portable monitor, you get 15.6 inches of viewable display with high resolution. The screen has a contrast ratio of 500:1 and refreshes after every 8ms. You can connect multiple monitors with USB ports and work simultaneously on Mac or PC. The presence of USB 3.0 port makes consistent connectivity possible. Along with that, you can keep this monitor on-the-go as it weighs light and has a foldable thin design. So, you will be able to use this monitor in your business meetings, college projects, and other requirements. And all these benefits come at a reasonable price.
- ASUS MB168B USB Portable Monitor. This laptop monitor has one USB 3.0 for data transmission as well as power. The screen size is 15.6 inches, but the weight and thickness are minimal. It has a sleek metallic body to give you the style you desire in your portable monitor. The display can rotate automatically and comes with 3 years of warranty. Now, you don’t have to worry about using multiple USB cables for different purposes. One USB cord delivers power and video signal. And, you can enjoy watching videos in full HD quality resolution.
- Eleduino 15.6 Inch 1080p USB Portable Monitor. If you are looking for a touchscreen monitor, this should be your go-to choice. This portable monitor supports USB C, HDMI video and OTG port. The screen resolution is 1080P to deliver high-quality viewing experience. You can use its built-in speakers to listen to music by connecting to your smartphone, Windows laptop or MacBook. The touch screen supports multi-touch and offers vivid colors and clear image. The compatibility of this monitor is exceptional, which lets you connect most of your smart computing devices. Hence, you can use it for work, entertainment and/or gaming as well.
- HP Pavilion 21.5-Inch IPS LED HDMI VGA Monitor. Your requirement of a large monitor for laptop will get fulfilled with this one. It has a diagonal size of 21.5 inches and offers IPS full HD resolution. Hence, you can enjoy the vibrant picture quality. Plus, you can change the viewing angles as per your requirement. The monitor delivers crystal clear images with a response time of 7ms. There are HDMI and VGA ports available to connect your device conveniently. The LED-backlit feature is mercury-free and the monitor glass has no Arsenic. So, you won’t be harming the environment, which is why users consider this the best external monitor for laptop.
- Lepow 15.6 Inch Portable Monitor. With this full HD display monitor, you get IPS screen quality for great viewing and vivid pictures. Hence, this monitor is utilized for gaming and entertainment. You can connect multiple devices along with your laptops via HDMI and Type-C ports. The screen cover is made of PU leather to protect the screen from scratch or any other damage. The overall profile of this monitor is only 0.3 inches in thickness. Plus, the weight is 1.76 pounds, so you can easily carry it around.
There are few things less appealing than a cluttered laptop screen. Multiple programs fighting for space on your monitor can be visually overwhelming and totally frustrating. As our tech shrinks in size, it’s becoming even more of an issue. That’s why external monitors are almost a necessity for laptops today. If you’ve never considered one before, or if you’re looking to upgrade to a more stylish, portable design, this list is the perfect way to begin.