Looks like you need the best cordless drill for homeowners. Let’s get after it…
No matter how frequently you take DIY repairs at home, it is more than necessary to have a drill at home. While wired drills are more powerful and handy for commercial purposes, cordless drills are better in terms of portability and easy use. From installing new fixtures to fixing something in the kitchen or making your own furniture, cordless drills are pretty handy, to say the least. For the uninitiated, cordless drills run usually on lithium-ion batteries. If you want to buy the best cordless drill for the homeowner, we have a guide that will sort the aspects that need attention, along with products you can buy.
In a hurry? WE GET IT, dudes. See our top pick below!
DEWALT DCD777C2 20V Max Lithium-Ion Brushless Compact Drill Driver
Reviewing the top five products
Before we discuss more on how to select a cordless drill for home use, here are the top five products that we liked and would fit the budget of an average homeowner.
- DEWALT DCD777C2 20V Max Lithium-Ion Brushless Compact Drill Driver. Dewalt is one of the few brands that offer quality drills at the right place. While the product itself is expensive, you can always get it at a discount. It runs on a brushless motor, which offers longer runtime, while the built-in LED comes with 20 seconds delay for better visibility. Weighing just 2.6 lbs, this one is great for home use and can be used tighter spaces, thanks to the comfort grip handle. The chuck size on this measures ½-inch. This Compact Brushless Drill/Driver comes with Li-ion Batteries, charger and a kit.
- Milwaukee M12 12V 3/8-Inch Drill Driver. If you want something in extreme budget, you need to check this Milwaukee product. Please note that battery and charger is not included in this package. However, for that compact price, you get 275 lbs of Torque, with an ergonomic handle that ensures complete control. For that added durability, you have the metal ratcheting chuck. The chuck measures 3/8-Inch.
- Black+Decker LDX120C 20V MAX Lithium Ion Drill / Driver. Black+Decker brings this incredibly versatile drill that works ideally for all kinds of work, including for drilling into metal, plastic, and wood. The Lithium Ion Technology batteries are designed for better memory, and you get an 11-position clutch that offers complete control, while the design is such that new users can also use the product easily, even in tight spaces. It comes with variable speed for preventing material damage. The chuck measures 3/8-Inch.
- Hi-Spec 18 V Pro Combo Cordless Drill Driver. If you are on an extreme budget, this Hi-Spec cordless drill is a steal. It comes with a 30-piece drill and screwdriver bit accessory set with its own case. It runs on a 1000mAh battery and is designed exclusively for non-commercial use. With 16+1 torque positions, you can easily get the power required for the job, while twin sleeve 10mm keyless chuck allows the user to change bits easily. The company offers a 3-year warranty on the product.
- Black & Decker BDCD120VA 20V Lithium Drill/Driver Project Kit. If you want a kit from Black & Decker for home use, this one should fit the bill. Featuring Lithium Ion Technology, this product runs well for household jobs, comes with an 11-position clutch that offers complete control for drilling into varied materials. It’s the same as the product that we mentioned, but comes with a big and set of various tools and bits, so that you can do DIY projects with ease.
How to choose the best cordless drill for the homeowner?
Here are some of the basic things you can expect from a good cordless drill.
- Decent power. Even if you are buying the cordless drill for home use, don’t settle for anything less than 18-V, which is the basic required for most jobs.
- Eventually, you don’t want to get a cordless drill that runs out midway while you are doing the simplest job. Make sure that the batteries offer longer runtime.
- The batteries of a reliable cordless drill are also expected to recharge as soon as possible.
- Variable speed. While you are drilling, the speed of the cordless drill is more important than the power, but when it comes to driving screws, the latter is more important. Nevertheless, always select a cordless drill that comes with variable speed for better control.
- A good handle. The cordless drill should be easy to handle and must work in tighter spaces.
- Other features. Some cordless drills come with a LED light that’s activated by the trigger for extra illumination, while some come with additional bits and a kit bag.
- Don’t miss the warranty on the product.
Check online and sort the choices now!
Finding yourself the best drill as a homeowner is going to be a cinch. We have got you covered with the absolute best options that are out there, so we will help to set you up right no matter which option you happen to choose. All of the options we have compiled on this list are going to set you up right next time you start a home project. When you set out on the quest to find your next drill, it does not have to be a huge challenge. It does not need to leave you frustrated in the end because there is just so much to choose from out there. We get it, we’re dudes too. So sifting through thousands of different options while trying to figure out which one is the “best” can be a little daunting. But it doesn’t have to be! And that is why Club ManDude is here, to take all the guesswork out of the situation for our guys. We want to do everything we can to help make your lives simpler, and we can do just that by narrowing down the five best cordless drills that money can be. We are confident that we have done it because, when you take a look at the list we put together, it’s hard not to see why this list of drills is truly badass.
Speaking of badass drills, let’s take a look at some of the brands we have put together. You are going to see plenty of recognizable brands on this list, which is exactly what we want. From DeWalt to Milwaukee, you cannot go wrong with any of these brands. Now, let’s say you’re new to the game. Don’t sweat it! That’s why we’re here. To put together a list of the best drills money can buy so it’s easier to make the choice, even if you’re new. Take a look at what features each of these drills has to offer, you are going to be lit up with excitement because each one has plenty of unique features to set it apart from the competition. That’s what makes these brands so great, is they take the time to create a uniqueness about their products that has plenty of ManDudes excited to use them. So, take a peek and do a little research to see what each drill has to offer before you make a final decision. That can absolutely be the difference maker.
And when you compare the prices of these bad boys, you will see that we successfully not only found options that are great, but they will not break the bank. That’s the great thing about new power tools, especially cordless drills, as the technology evolves the options become more affordable for everyone. Take a look and see which options suits your budget just right, we are confident there is at least one option here that is going to give you exactly what you’re looking for, and for a great price. Getting yourself a new, rad drill does not have to cost an arm and a leg. In fact, you will be able to find yourself an affordable option that works great for years to come. That’s another great benefit of these companies, they make such great tools out of high-quality materials and they are made to last. Durability is key when it comes to hand tools, so you know that you have a quality tool at your disposal that you will be able to depend on with no issues.
And if you want to get yourself some more info, we have got you covered there too. Nothing is more honest than a consumer on the internet reviewing a new product they just bought, whether that review happens to be good or bad. The great thing about Club ManDude is that we always want to make sure we are bringing you products with a majority of positive reviews. And we have done just that! Take a look at what other dudes are saying about these drills, you will not be disappointed. We told you they were dependable! You may even find the specific details that help you to say “yes” to one of our drills.
At the end of the day, we want you to be able to find yourself a rad drill that has you absolutely satisfied as soon as you get that puppy in your hand to use for the first time. With the options we put together, we are certain you will be able to do just that. Happy drilling, fellas!
Frequently Asked Questions
1. What is the use of owning a cordless drill?
In most cases, cordless drills are used for driving screws and drilling holes. However, they also have additional uses. You can use them in the form of stirrers to mix pain or other types of liquid. You can fit a rust removal wire brush, polishing bonnet, or a sanding drum to the drill as well.
2. Are cordless models less powerful as compared to corded drills?
Earlier, corded models were definitely more powerful. But you can find equally powerful models in cordless drills today. However, cordless drills end up losing some power gradually as you keep charging them, while you can expect corded models to continue performing consistently for as long as they are plugged.
3. How long can I expect my cordless drill to last in a single charge?
It will depend on your batter’s Amp-hours and how hard you plan on working with the drill. It can range from 15 minutes to 30 minutes or an hour. You can buy spare batteries when you are working so that you can swap them when you put your run-out batteries on charge.