Looking for the Best Cordless Drill For Homeowner? Let’s Get After It…
No matter how frequently you take DIY repairs at home, it is more than necessary to have a drill at home. While wired drills are more powerful and handy for commercial purposes, cordless drills are better in terms of portability and easy use. From installing new fixtures to fixing something in the kitchen or making your own furniture, cordless drills are pretty handy, to say the least. For the uninitiated, cordless drills run usually on lithium-ion batteries. If you want to buy the best cordless drill for the homeowner, we have a guide that will sort the aspects that need attention, along with products you can buy.
In a hurry? WE GET IT, dudes. See our top pick below!
DEWALT DCD777C2 20V Max Lithium-Ion Brushless Compact Drill Driver
Reviewing the top five products
Before we discuss more on how to select a cordless drill for home use, here are the top five products that we liked and would fit the budget of an average homeowner.
- DEWALT DCD777C2 20V Max Lithium-Ion Brushless Compact Drill Driver. Dewalt is one of the few brands that offer quality drills at the right place. While the product itself is expensive, you can always get it at a discount. It runs on a brushless motor, which offers longer runtime, while the built-in LED comes with 20 seconds delay for better visibility. Weighing just 2.6 lbs, this one is great for home use and can be used tighter spaces, thanks to the comfort grip handle. The chuck size on this measures ½-inch. This Compact Brushless Drill/Driver comes with Li-ion Batteries, charger and a kit.
- Milwaukee M12 12V 3/8-Inch Drill Driver. If you want something in extreme budget, you need to check this Milwaukee product. Please note that battery and charger is not included in this package. However, for that compact price, you get 275 lbs of Torque, with an ergonomic handle that ensures complete control. For that added durability, you have the metal ratcheting chuck. The chuck measures 3/8-Inch.
- Black+Decker LDX120C 20V MAX Lithium Ion Drill / Driver. Black+Decker brings this incredibly versatile drill that works ideally for all kinds of work, including for drilling into metal, plastic, and wood. The Lithium Ion Technology batteries are designed for better memory, and you get an 11-position clutch that offers complete control, while the design is such that new users can also use the product easily, even in tight spaces. It comes with variable speed for preventing material damage. The chuck measures 3/8-Inch.
- Hi-Spec 18 V Pro Combo Cordless Drill Driver. If you are on an extreme budget, this Hi-Spec cordless drill is a steal. It comes with a 30-piece drill and screwdriver bit accessory set with its own case. It runs on a 1000mAh battery and is designed exclusively for non-commercial use. With 16+1 torque positions, you can easily get the power required for the job, while twin sleeve 10mm keyless chuck allows the user to change bits easily. The company offers a 3-year warranty on the product.
- Black & Decker BDCD120VA 20V Lithium Drill/Driver Project Kit. If you want a kit from Black & Decker for home use, this one should fit the bill. Featuring Lithium Ion Technology, this product runs well for household jobs, comes with an 11-position clutch that offers complete control for drilling into varied materials. It’s the same as the product that we mentioned, but comes with a big and set of various tools and bits, so that you can do DIY projects with ease.
How to choose the best cordless drill for the homeowner?
Here are some of the basic things you can expect from a good cordless drill.
- Decent power. Even if you are buying the cordless drill for home use, don’t settle for anything less than 18-V, which is the basic required for most jobs.
- Eventually, you don’t want to get a cordless drill that runs out midway while you are doing the simplest job. Make sure that the batteries offer longer runtime.
- The batteries of a reliable cordless drill are also expected to recharge as soon as possible.
- Variable speed. While you are drilling, the speed of the cordless drill is more important than the power, but when it comes to driving screws, the latter is more important. Nevertheless, always select a cordless drill that comes with variable speed for better control.
- A good handle. The cordless drill should be easy to handle and must work in tighter spaces.
- Other features. Some cordless drills come with a LED light that’s activated by the trigger for extra illumination, while some come with additional bits and a kit bag.
- Don’t miss the warranty on the product.
Check online and sort the choices now!