Looks like you need the best corded hammer drill for concrete. Let’s get after it…
Drilling into hard surfaces like concrete requires a tool called the hammer drill. This is usually a corded electric-run product, which pretty much works like any other drill and even feels like one, except that it works more like a hammer to drill through concrete. If you are looking for the best-corded hammer drill for concrete, it’s important to check and review at least a few products before you choose one, and in this post, we bring five products along with buying tips for help.
In a hurry? WE GET IT, dudes. See our top pick below!
Hilti 228061 TE 7-C 120-volt Rotary Hammer Drill
Reviewing the top five products
Before we talk about corded hammer drills for concrete, you should know that there are two categories in this product range. One is a regular hammer drill, while the other is called a rotary hammer. The latter is much more powerful and is more suited for hammering needs and other work in masonry. We have reviewed products across categories, so you can choose one depending on your budget and requirements.
- Hilti 228061 TE 7-C 120-volt Rotary Hammer Drill. This product from Hilti is not the most budget product of the lot, but certainly among the affordable rotary hammer drills, which works perfectly for concrete. It can be used for longer periods and is great for extensive projects. The brand says that the product is just apt for drilling channel openings in concrete. If you are a beginner, you will find this drill easy to hold.
- Bosch 11316EVS SDS-Max Demolition Hammer. Although expensive, this product comes from Bosch – a brand that can do no wrong when it comes to tools. It features SDS-max bit system and comes with a variable speed dial, which allows precise control on chipping applications. The drill also offers overload protection and is pretty easy to handle. What’s interesting is the service minder light, which intimates the user about preventative maintenance. If you don’t mind shelling a good price, this is a worthy pick.
- Neiko 10506A 1/2″ Reversible Hammer Drill. This is our budget pick in hammer drill, ideal for basic concrete and masonry work, and the drill is also great for work with metal and wood. Neiko brings this hammer and drill, which has variable speed and is UL/CUL approved and designed. The housing is of plastic but pretty durable. It runs on a 4.2 AMP motor, which is great for continuous work and drilling. For more control, you also have reversible 1/2″ keyed chuck capacity.
- Hitachi FDV16VB2 5/8 Inch 5-Amp Hammer Drill. This product comes with a variable speed control dial and is ideal for concrete work. Other features include “push button reversible drilling”, elastomer, strong grip, and industrial grade keyed chuck. The construction of the drill is such as that it will last for years while cooling air-flow design ensures that it doesn’t make much noise and also prevents overload.
- Makita HP2050 3/4 Inch Hammer Drill. Priced under $100, this corded hammer drill runs on a 6.6 AMP motor, which works wonders for heavy concrete work, while variable speed is great for better applications. Features include torque limiting clutch, positive stop-mode selector and a lock-on button for continuous use. If you want to get the job done in a budget, this is ideal.
What to look for in corded hammer drills?
Below are some of the things that matter
- You may want to know the rotations per minute (RPM) for the product before you one, which is also cordless variants are not suited for extensive use. Corded hammer drills offer more power in general, but check what you get.
- Variable speed. You should be able to control the hammer drill and not the other way around. You can use varied kinds of bits, for which having variable speed is extremely important.
- Other things. Check if the product has a keyed chuck, which helps in changing bits easily. Some products also have two handles for better safety, and while that’s not critical, it is best to go for a well-designed product.
Finally, don’t forget to check the brand and price of the product. Paying a tad more for a corded hammer drill that works better for concrete and masonry work from a known brand is never a bad idea. Check the above-mentioned options and take a call.
As guys, we love power tools. There is nothing as gratifying as having a nice collection of great tools to depend on to get the job done whenever we need to. Having all the right stuff to take on any challenge is a great benefit when you have tons of tools you can rely on. And sometimes we need to bust through concrete to get a job done, and these hammer drills are so perfect for the job. See, we completely understand that certain power tools are going to be superior to other choices. And some choices can break easily and quickly, leaving you with the annoyance of having to replace the tool. Well, no more! We have found the five best options that are going to set you up right with a hammer drill that will easily bust through concrete like butter and stay functional for years to come with proper maintenance. And we love our tools, so how could we not take care of them?
When you look at these bad boys, you will see some familiar brands on the list. That’s because we know exactly which power tool brands are going to be the best bang for your buck. Come on, we’re guys, remember? We know all about power tools and the manufacturers that use quality materials to assemble their tools so they stay amazing for years to come. Take our favored option on the list, the Hilti Rotary Hammer Drill Package. A great tool from a great company that has been reliable for years and have cultivated a name for themselves. And then you have an option from Bosch, Makita, Neiko, and Hitachi. These are all great brands with a lot to offer. The great thing about finding a tool manufacturer that you love is that you now have a company that’s going to have a ton of other tools that you can peruse. The possibilities are endless when you find a great tool product because we’re dudes who love our power tools and want to see what other goodies these companies have to offer.
If you take the time to compare the prices between the different products we’ve found, you will see that we were able to formulate a list of hammer drills with comparable prices that are sure not to disappoint. You don’t have to break the bank to find a great hammer drill. Sure, you definitely get what you pay for when it comes to power tools. But you also don’t have to spend an arm and a leg to get an acceptable option that is going to do the job right and will last. And these puppies are easy to use, require minimal assembly, and come with plenty of instructions on how to use them properly and safely. Speaking of safety, we’re hammering through concrete so always make sure you have those safety glasses on! Nothing is worse than concrete flying into your eyes. That would suck. So protect yourself. It’s probably even a good idea to use a good pair of gloves to keep a good grip on the tool. We wouldn’t want it slipping out your hands while it’s running, that’s no good either. But if you’re a guy who’s using power tools regularly then you know the importance of safety and how important it is. The majority of the time, nothing bad will happen when using a power tool. But all it takes is one time for something to go wrong. Be safe!
Now let’s say you want to get a little bit more intel before making your purchase. We can give you a tip to help you in your buying process. Nothing is more honest than a person reviewing products on the internet, so head over to Amazon where you can find a plethora of buyer verified reviews so you know exactly what you’re getting and whether people who have purchased them actually like them. Well, what you’re going to find is a majority of positive reviews for these tools. We wouldn’t be doing our job if we brought you a bunch of products with negative reviews now, would we? So we make sure to take the time to recommend products that people love for various reasons. If you check out the reviews, you may just find some specifics as to what exactly people love about these concrete hammer drills. All it takes is that one feature on a great tool to get us sold on it. We want that for you!
Find yourself a great concrete hammer drill, or let your special someone know what you want for your next gift giving occasion. Hint. Hint. We know that you’re going to love whichever hammer drill you happen to choose. They are all great options and let you feel that awesome power in your hands once you get to use it.