Looking for the Best Cleaner For Stainless Steel Griddle? Let’s Get After It…
A considerable number of homes have stainless steel griddles and cookware, often because the material is durable, affordable and can be used for a wide range of culinary needs. It is also not surprising that stainless steel grills are so popular. As with any kind of material, cleaning and maintenance are aspects that concern regular users. If you have been using a stainless-steel griddle at home, you probably know just using baking soda and water, as many DIY experts recommend, is not enough, especially when the griddle is being used for diverse kinds of recipes. In this post, we will talk about what it takes to find the best cleaner for a stainless steel griddle.
In a hurry? WE GET IT, dudes. See our top pick below!
Bar Keepers Friend COOKWARE Cleanser and Polish Powder.
Reviewing the best five products
Because there are so many ready-to-use products in the market, customers are often confused as which one to go for. We tested a bunch of cleaners for stainless steel griddles and found the five options listed below worth the money spent.
- Bar Keepers Friend COOKWARE Cleanser and Polish Powder. This US-made product from Bar Keepers Friend is great for all kinds of stainless-steel utensils and cookware, including griddles. This is a pretty versatile product in that context because you can use it for ceramic, porcelain, aluminum and copper cookware, as well. When it comes to stainless-steel surfaces, it just gets rid of everything from dirt and smudges to fingerprints. The product is non-abrasive, and that saves stainless-steel griddles from damage.
- All-Clad 00942 Cookware Cleaner and Polish. All-Clad brings this amazing cleaner that works extensively well with all kinds of stainless steel and aluminum cookware. It is absolutely safe on the metal, so you can also use it for cleaning the exterior part of the griddle that’s usually polished. If you are someone who also cares for the environment, you will be happy to know that it’s made of completely safe and natural minerals. The product comes in plastic packaging that’s water-proof. However, don’t use it for copper, nonstick and hard anodized cookware.
- Therapy Premium Stainless-Steel Cleaner & Polish. This cleaner includes plant-based ingredients, which makes it environment-friendly and easy to use. It is exclusively designed for cleaning stainless-steel surfaces, making this ideal for griddles, which are prone to streaks and smudges. With the package, you also get a special microfiber cloth for quick cleaning, and the product can be used for polishing different stainless-steel products, including stoves, grills and dishwashers. The spray bottle makes it super easy to use the cleaner.
- Cameo Aluminum & Stainless-Steel Cleaner. This twin-pack cleaner for Cameo is great for both stainless-steel and aluminum surfaces and cookware, and we recommend this product for griddles, as it also polishes the surface besides basic cleaning. It also works well on Chrome. While the product can be used for cleaning sinks, as well, it is pretty safe and wouldn’t damage your cookware.
- Bar Keepers Friend MORE Dual Action Nozzle Spray and Foam Cleaner. Bar Keepers Friend is one brand that offers incredible cleaning products, and if you need a liquid cleaner, this one is great with a sprayer on top of the bottle. From stainless steel and aluminum to brass, bronze, ceramic, glass, copper, and porcelain, you can use this for different materials and even for appliances, faucets and sinks. We recommend this product as a diverse inclusion for cleaning almost everything in the house.
How to Choose a Cleaner for Stainless Steel Griddles?
Griddles are one of the most-used cookware items in the kitchen, and it is necessary to ensure cleaning after every use. Below are some things you need to check before selecting a cleaner.
- Is the product safe for stainless steel griddles? Always use a product that’s specially designed for the material.
- Is the product natural? Natural products are safe for the environment and will not damage your griddles and stainless-steel cookware. Double check if the product is non-abrasive.
- How is the product used? This can be a matter of personal choice, because powders and sprays work in a similar way, although sprays are easy to handle.
Finally, don’t forget to select a cleaner that comes from a known brand. This is an aspect that cannot be ignored, given that stainless steel griddles are expensive, and you don’t want an abrasive cleaner that will damage the cooking area.
Frequently Asked Questions
1. How to clean the stainless steel griddle with vinegar?
Cleaning stainless steel griddle with vinegar is the most natural way. You need to pour ½ cup vinegar onto the surface and spread it evenly throughout all the corners with a rag in a circular motion. Once the vinegar is dried, scrape it off and clean the griddle. Moreover, you can also buy an organic griddle cleaner to reduce the effort and achieve superb cleaning.
2. What to do if your griddle is rusted?
If your griddle is rusted, pour 3 to 4 tablespoons of cooking oil onto the rust and scrub it with a rag. If the rust is hard stuck on the surface, you can also use a grill stone for rubbing. You can also use a ball of steel wool for better cleaning. Once all the rust is scrubbed, clean it with a rug, and your griddle is ready to be used.
3. Can you use soapy water to clean the griddle?
Well, using soapy water or any abrasive cleaner on stainless steel griddle is not a good idea. As griddles come pre-seasoned with oil, the soap water or abrasive cleaner can rip off the seasoning and make the food stick to the griddle.