Regardless of whether you are interested in doing DIY repairs at home or a need a tool for professional work, cordless drills fit the bill for the right reasons. A cordless drill makes it easy to complete all sorts of driving and drilling work, without worries related to a power outlet. With better batteries, cordless drills are more efficient than ever. Now, there are varied kinds of drills out there, so you need to choose one based on your requirements. In this post, we are discussing the things that matter in selecting the best 20v cordless drill with products that we liked.
In a hurry? WE GET IT, dudes. See our top pick below!
Dewalt DCD777C2 20V Max Lithium-Ion Brushless Compact Drill Driver
Reviewing top five 20v cordless drills
Below is a quick review of the five top-rated 20v cordless drills that we liked, both in terms of features and performance.
- Dewalt DCD777C2 20V Max Lithium-Ion Brushless Compact Drill Driver. Dewalt is one of the few brands that doesn’t get its drills wrong, and this one comes with a brushless motor, which works longer than the standard cordless drills. It comes with built-in LE, which offers 20-second delay after the release of the trigger. Weighing just 2.6 pounds, this is a compact model that works wonders even in tight spaces, while the grip handle is ideal. It runs on Lithium Ion batteries, and chuck size is 1/2-inch. You also get a kit bag.
- Black+Decker LDX120C 20V MAX Lithium Ion Drill / Driver. This compact cordless drill cum driver is great for drilling into metal, wood and plastic, and it uses Lithium Ion Technology to offer longer life. With 11 Position Clutch, you get to work on various tasks easily, while variable speed allows countersinking without causing any damage to the material. The chuck of this one measures 3/8-inch. Black+Decker is a known brand in cordless drills, making this a reliable choice.
- Worx WX176L 20V Switchdriver 2-in-1 Cordless Drill and Driver. This product comes with rotating dual chucks and a 2-speed motor for that extreme precision. This is a combo product of sorts that’s compact and easy to carry around, while the weight also benefits simplified control. Ideal for both drilling & driving, this drill also offers electronic torque control, reducing damage to materials and bolts. Two 20V Max Lithium batteries are included in the package.
- Makita XFD131 18V LXT Lithium-Ion Brushless Cordless 1/2″ Driver-Drill Kit. This is a drill-driver kit that offers two-speed mechanical transmission for varied kinds of drilling tasks. It runs on a BL brushless motor, which delivers 440 in-Lbs of maximum torque and ensures as much as 50% longer run time besides eliminating carbon brushes. This is the only 18V product we have included in our list because of the motor and performance of the model. A kit bag is included.
- WORKPRO Pink Cordless 20V Lithium-ion Drill Driver Set. This product from WORKPRO is powered by max 20 voltage and runs on 1.5AH Lithium-ion battery for consistent performance and assured runtime. The drill has variable 2-speed settings and offers 203 in-Lbs of maximum torque, while the keyless chuck measures 3/8-inch. The handle of this drill is super comfortable and has an extra LED light for assured safety. You also get a lightweight storage bag in pink, and the package includes 6 drill bits, 10 bits, 1 extension bit holder and one 20V battery. WORKPRO also offers a 2-year warranty on the product.
What to look for in the best 20v cordless drill?
First and foremost, consider the purpose of the drill. Besides the basic drill, you can consider a hammer drill, right angle drills, rotary hammers and screw guns. Below are some of the things to take note.
- You want to be sure that the cordless drill will offer enough runtime to complete professional tasks.
- A good brand is an assurance that the product has not been compromised with. Check if the company is a known one. Workpro, Dewalt, and Black+Decker are some of the known options.
- Additional aspects. If the product comes with a warranty, you can be assured of getting repairs and replacements easily. Check the chuck size, consider if the drill has an extra LED light for assured safety.
Cordless drills also need to be light on weight, so that you can take them around to complete tasks.