Looks like you need the best torque wrench for gunsmithing. Let’s get after it…
Plumbing problems don’t appear with a notice, and long before you call a plumbing company for repairs and related work, you have to manage things at your end. It goes without saying that pipe wrenches are a must-have in any home plumbing kit, and there
If you own a firearm or deal in handguns and rifles, it goes without saying that you need the right tools for maintenance. For the uninitiated, a gunsmithing wrench is basically a wrench that’s used to apply torque to different parts of the firearm that needs attention, such as the mounts, screws or scope rings. With firearms and rifles, you cannot the precise need for torque, so as to avoid both over and under tightening and fastening screws. In case you are looking for the best torque wrench for gunsmithing, here’s a guide that will sort the choices.
In a hurry? WE GET IT, dudes. See our top pick below!
Weaver Gunsmithing Torque Wrench
Reviewing the best products
Before we discuss the aspects related to buying a gunsmithing wrench, here are the four products that we particularly liked.
- Weaver Gunsmithing Torque Wrench. Weaver is one brand that doesn’t compromise on wrenches, and their range for gunsmithing is even better. This one is made of the highest quality materials and works well for all kinds of gunsmithing equipment. The wrench is such that you get consistent screw pressure as suggested by the manufacturer. It comes with a variety of bits for different kinds of fasteners, and the tip is magnetized to secure the bits. The package includes a sturdy storage case. One of the best buys in this category!
- Wheeler Firearms Accurizing Torque Wrench. This product comes from Wheeler and features Inch/Pounds Measurement for precise work. When you are working with guard screws, scope rings, base and windage screws, this torque wrench works perfectly for both accuracy and preciseness. The range of torque adjustment is between 10 in/lbsand 65 in/lbs. It includes bits that are made of S2 tool steel, further hardened to 56-58 Rockwell “C”. The package includes 10 bits, ¼” socket and a sturdy plastic storage case.
- BTI Wheeler Engineering Fat Wrench With 10 Bit Set. BTI is a budget brand if you are looking for a gunsmithing wrench. The product is pretty sturdy and precise as we tested and comes with 10 different bits, which are handy for personal use. If you don’t want to spend a lot on a new wrench, this one should fit the bill.
- TEKTON 1/2″ Drive Click Torque Wrench. For those who in need of a click-style wrench, this product from Tekton is a good buy within $50. It comes with a high-contrast dual-range scale, so that you can work in low light. The product comes with a reversible ratchet head, which moves in both directions and the torque is measured in clockwise direction. This is an all-steel construction, which has no plastic parts and pre-calibrated to +/- 4% accuracy.
- Real Avid Gunsmithing Torque Wrench Kit – This kit comes with an all-in-one torque driver tool and screwdriver bit set – created by the designers at Real Avid. The set is specifically meant for gunsmithing, scope mounting, and maintenance. If you’re looking for accuracy and precision, this toolset is bound to deliver. With 1/4” inch bits in a set of 12 and a storage case, the premium kit is a steal at $72.95. it has an optional force-assist driver handle and rubberized grip to make it easy for you to tighten fasteners and screws accurately. The storage case is made of high-density material to make it effortless to organize and protect the wrench kit.
How to buy the best torque wrench for gunsmithing?
Buying a torque wrench for gunsmithing can be confusing, but as a general fact, the beam-type ones tend to better than the click-style wrenches, which is something you might want to keep in mind. Below are some of the other things that need attention.
- The quality. You want to go for a gunsmithing torque wrenchthat’s made completely of steel so that the product works as intended. Do not compromise on this aspect for anything.
- The range. The calibration range of the gunsmithing torque wrench is also very important. The higher you have, the better.
- Additional bits. While not all wrenches come with bits, but if you can get these as a part of the package, it is always better. Make sure that the bits included works for diverse mounts, screws and rings.
- The handle. A good gunsmithing torque wrench must also have a great handle. Basically, you want to be sure that the product doesn’t feel comfortable when it comes to applying the torque.
- The basic check. Eventually, the purpose of a wrench is to be assured that only the required amount of torque is being applied. Check if the gunsmithing torque wrench will imply tightening. The best ones often have indicators to show that the required torque settings have been reached.
With these few aspects in mind, it’s easier to compare the choices. Please note that some brands of gunsmithing torque wrench are better than the rest – Weaver being an example. Don’t hesitate in paying a tad more for a known company and a quality wrench, because you won’t be replacing this anytime soon.
Doing your own gunsmithing is going to get you psyched for a new torque wrench. And why shouldn’t you be excited? You finally have found yourself the perfect torque wrench to use with your guns. That is exactly what we want for you, my guy. To be able to confidently work on your guns using a badass torque wrench that is going to set you up for success every time you use it. Being able to clean and work on your own guns is totally validating. It’s an all-encompassing package of awesome because you love your guns, love to shoot them, and love to take care of them. Having the perfect tools for the job at your disposal is a great benefit because you know that every time you go to work on your gun, you’re going to have some amazing tools at your disposal. Have the confidence to work on your gun any time, day or night, with an awesome torque wrench that tightens your nuts to the exact pounds per square inch every time you use it.
Finding the right torque wrench does not have to be a huge hassle. It doesn’t have to frustrate you because of the insurmountable amount of options out there to choose from. It can be tough trying to navigate through all the different options out there all while attempting to narrow them all down to the ones that are the “best”. Let us take out the guesswork for you! That is why we are here. At Club ManDude, we are doing everything we can to help make our guys’ lives easier. When you can pull up an article that narrows down torque wrenches for your gun to just a few options, it is a really simple thing to be able to pick from one of five as opposed to thousands. And we are confident that we have found the best of the best options that money can buy, just take a look at our list and see what you think! We do not think you will be disappointed in the options we have found for you.
You may or may not recognize the brands that appear on our list. Don’t sweat it either way! You’ll notice that hand tool makers that have a lot of skin in the game don’t always make the best tools for guns. So what we have successfully done is find the brands that specialize in tools for guns, they have created tons of amazing tools that keep gun owners’ weapons in tip-top shape, no matter what. Compare the options we have set forth, we think you will love any one of the torque wrenches we have here. The great thing about being able to narrow these bad boys down to just a few options is that no matter which you buy, you are going to end up with a quality tool. That is guaranteed. These tool manufacturers make only quality tools, so you can check out all the unique features to help make your choice. You will need not worry about ending up with a less than high-quality tool. So we hope you find some features that you really love before you decide on which wrench to buy. That is what we want at the end of your purchase, to have a great torque wrench you can rely on for years to come.
And just in case you need some additional information before you buy, we have got you covered there too. The great thing about living in the age of the internet is being able to simply check out what other consumers are saying about any product. And Amazon has buyer verified reviews so you know the review you’re reading is by the consumer that bought the product in the first place. So check out what other guys love about these torque wrenches, you will not be disappointed. Sure, you may come across a negative review here and there, you cannot please everyone. But what you will find is plenty of positive reviews for each of these torque wrenches. You may even find the specific thing that helps you say “yes” to one of our options. So take a look at some reviews and get an idea of exactly what other consumers love about these torque wrenches for your guns.
We want you to find that next, awesome torque wrench to add to your collection. With our list, we are confident you can do just that! And if you happen to find an even better option elsewhere, that’s okay, too, and we’d love to know about it!
Frequently Asked Questions
1. Why should I consider buying a gunsmithing torque wrench?
There are many benefits of using a torque wrench for gunsmithing. Not only does it offer high precision and accuracy but also is quieter and more powerful as compared to different screwdrivers in the market. Additionally, the torque is more consistent because the same toque level is repeated every time. As precision is highly essential in gunsmithing, you should invest in a torque wrench.
2. What are the common types of torque wrenches available in the market?
There are several kinds of torque wrenches available in the market. Some of the common options that you should consider while making a purchasing include –
• Electronic Torque Wrench
• Click Torque Wrench
• Dial Torque Wrench
• Beam Torque Wrench
3. How do I maintain my torque wrench?
If you want to increase the longevity of your torque wrench for gunsmithing, you have to keep a few things in mind to maintain its good condition. Make sure you clean it after every use and get soft wipes for cleaning it. Also, you don’t need to lubricate the internal machinery because it will already be lubricated.