Looks like you need the best demolition hammer for tile removal. Let’s get after it…
The sledgehammer was a classic choice for heavy-duty demolition work in the construction industry for the longest time. Thanks to demolition hammers, the job is much easier now. For the uninitiated, demolition hammers work in a similar way like the regular jackhammer, except that these are powered and super simple to use. If you want the best demolition hammer for tile removal, here’s a guide that will sort your options.
In a hurry? WE GET IT, dudes. See our top pick below!
Bosch 11335K 35-Pound 1-1/8-Inch Jack Hammer Kit
Reviewing the top 5 products
Before we discuss the basics of what it takes to select the best demolition hammer, below are the five products that we liked with a quick look at the basics.
- Bosch 11335K 35-Pound 1-1/8-Inch Jack Hammer Kit. If you don’t mind shelling the right price for a demolition hammer, this one from Bosch is a steal. Offering 34-feet-per-pound of impact force, this one ensures faster removal than most of the other options in this class. It features an active vibration control handle, which makes it easier to use. It can be used with Bosch 1-1/8-inch hex steel bit and 1-1/8-inch air steel bits. Ideal for extensive work.
- XtremepowerUS Demolition Hammer 1000W Jackhammer. For budget buyers, this XtremepowerUSdemolition hammer is the perfect buy. It offers 8 ft. lb. of torque power and is ideal for breaking into concrete. The impact rate is 3000 r/minute, and you get consistent power of 1000-watts for all kinds of tough projects. A storage case is included as a part of the package. While the product is designed for concrete, it should work easily with tiles too. It also comes with a 5/8 in. hex bull point chisel and a 5/8 in. flat chisel, along with carbon brushes.
- DEWALT D25891K SDS MAX Demo Hammer. Dewalt never gets industrial tools wrong, and this one offers 15 foot-pounds of impact energythat’s ideal for chipping work. It runs on a 15-AMP motor that assures maximum overload protection, while the lock-on slide switch ensures easy working for extended applications. Everything, including the cord set, brushes and a gear case, is included with the package. Not the cheapest buy, but great for commercial use.
- Makita HM1307CB 35-Pound Demolition Hammer. Makita brings this powerful jackhammer, which runs on a 14.0 AMP motor for some of the most critical tile removal work. It features “Constant Speed Control”, so the drill applies power additionally as required for more challenging tasks. The drill also has the L.E.D. Service Light, which notifies 8 hours before the brush must be replaced. The product is designed for energy transfer efficiency, and the price is worth paying.
- Bosch SDS-Max Demolition Hammer. If you want a budget demo hammer from Bosch, this one should fit the bill. Weighing 13.7 lbs, the product offers 6.1 feet/pounds of impact energy, making it ideal for most tile removal work. It also features the brand’s much-famed Active Vibration Control for precise control and comfort for extended work. It also comes with Auto-Max speed dial, which ensures optimal speed when turned on, while the work angle is ensured using Vario-Lock positioning. This is a complete package, that comes with a carrying case.
- ENEACRO 1-1/4 Inch SDS-Plus 12.5 Amp Heavy Duty Rotary Hammer Drill – If a powerful demolition hammer is what you’re looking for, this product will serve the purpose. With a 12.5 Amp industrial motor and 5.2 lbs/ft impact energy, this tool is designed to perform tasks with precision and ease in heavy-duty projects. As the motor is equipped with heat-resistant copper wire, it allows you to carry out work for longer hours without burning the machine down. The drill and hammer can be used separately or together to carry out three major types of functions. The product may be at the pricier end, but it is totally worth it.
Tips to choose the best demolition hammer for tile removal
While demolition hammer has made tile and concrete removal an easy task, selecting one can be confusing. Here are the things you need to be looking for.
- Start with the basics. When it comes to demolition hammers, the first thing to check is the impact and blow per minute, which should be as high as possible for ensuring easy work and commercial applications.
- Cheap demolition hammers hardly do the job well, so don’t shy away from shelling a better price. There’s a reason why brands like Bosch charge a high price for their products.
- Other features. Some demo hammers come with a special vibration control system, while others may have anti-shock feature. Basically, these features matter for ensuring the demolition hammer is safe for extensive commercial use.
Some of the demolition hammers from known brands like Bosch, Makita use SDS shank bit that is easy to change. The bits are important for buying a demo hammer, so keep that in mind. Buyers might be interested in buying a product that uses most standard bits, so it’s a personal choice of sorts.
And did someone say demolition? Yeah, we are pretty excited about it too. Because nothing gets us excited as dudes quite like being able to take a power tool and destroy some stuff. A lot of the time it’s how we get to start out the project! How befitting. So finding yourself the right demolition hammer is going to be something truly special. Especially if you happen to get into a lot of demo projects that involve trade work. We are looking at prepping for tile or some other type of flooring if the tile is getting replaced, so we found the five best demo hammers that can break apart all of that tile and get it good to go before you start laying the new flooring. And, man, it’s going to be fun when you break out this bad boy to get the job done. So, let’s take a peek at which ones we found because each one of them is totally badass and a great option if you decide to get yourself going on the demo work.
Finding yourself the right demolition hammer does not have to be a huge challenge that leaves you frustrated in the end. We get it, there are so many options out there to choose from, it can be difficult to weed through everything in an effort to figure out which one is going to be the best demo hammer for your needs. When it comes time to break that tile apart, we are going to give you the confidence to break out your new demo hammer and start hammering away. As soon as you fire it up, we want you to feel the power and get ignited with energy because power tools definitely have that effect on us. And why shouldn’t it? Nothing says excitement like power. So leave the challenge to us! We will happily head out into the deep recesses of the internet to find the options that are going to be the best of the best. We are here to make your life easier. Club ManDude is in the business of helping to make our dudes’ lives easier no matter what the challenge is. So take some time to look into the options we’ve put together, you will not be disappointed and any one of these options is rad.
When you take a look at the options we have put together, you’re going to see some familiar brands that many people have grown to love. And that is exactly what we were hoping for. When it comes to quality power tools, they are not cheap. So, we needed to be absolutely sure that we were bringing you options that you can depend on. When you look at the brands we have here, you will notice that each one is a dependable tool manufacturer that will set you up right every time. And the great thing about tool manufacturers is that, when they make one awesome tool, they typically make a bunch that you can get psyched about. And if you’re totally new to all of this, don’t sweat it, we have got you covered! Take a look at some of the features, pricing, brands. You can do a little research of your own and determine exactly which option is going to be the right one for you. We are confident you are going to find yourself a new demo hammer that you can love. Especially if this is your line of work, or your new line of work. Either way, we want you to give yourself the gift of the perfect demolition hammer so it gets the job done right. Demolition can be dangerous, so get yourself the right tool and make sure to always protect yourself!
And if you want some more information before you buy, we have you covered there too! The great thing about having the internet at our disposal is that it has become pretty easy to determine which products out there are quality, and which ones are not. The great thing about Club ManDude is that we are always going to bring you products that have plenty of positive reviews. So check out what other consumers are saying about these bad boys, you will surely not be disappointed. There are plenty of great things being said about these demo hammers and we want you to be able to check those things out! Sure, you may come across a negative review here and there, you can’t please everyone. But check out some positivity and find the demolition hammer that is right for you.
There are so many options out there to choose from when it comes to power tools. We absolutely get a thrill out of being able to narrow everything down to just a few options. So find the one that’s right for you and get hammering!
Frequently Asked Questions
1. How should I do to stay safe while using my demolition hammer?
If you have a project that involves using a demolition hammer, make sure you understand the user manual well. Learn how to correctly point and handle the hammer and chart out a proper plan beforehand. Also, invest in a dust mask, a hard hat, work boots, eye protection gear, and a pair of hand gloves.
2. What are the top reasons behind fatigue failure?
Some of the common factors responsible for fatigue failure include poor lubrication, mechanical damage, corrosion, cold temperatures, chuck system failure, and bending of the tip. Try to check every month that all moving parts of the hammer are working properly if you want your current and future operations to be a success.
3. What steps should I take to increase the overall lifespan of my demolition hammer?
If you want to make sure that your hammer continues to work optimally for decades, there are a few things you can do. A demolition hammer that you use almost daily should be dusted and periodically oiled once every month.