Looking for the Best Meat Smoker In The World? Let’s Get After It…
A meat smoker is one of the must-have inclusions for BBQ parties and events. With meat smokers, you can smoke the best meats to perfection, and its super simple, if you go for the right product. Traditionally, smokers were fueled by charcoal or pellets, but for contemporary homes and apartment living, that’s not always a practical choice. In this post, we will focus on the electric variants and how you can find the best meat smoker in the world.
In a hurry? WE GET IT, dudes. See our top pick below!
Masterbuilt 20070215 Electric Smoker with Bluetooth.
Reviewing the best five options
We understand that people have different budgets, which is why we have enlisted products with diverse price tags so that you can find the best one that works for your home needs. Here are our top five options.
- Masterbuilt 20070215 Electric Smoker with Bluetooth. If you are looking for a smart smoker and don’t mind paying for it, Masterbuilt brings this 40-inch product, which offers 975 square inches of cooking space. With Bluetooth tech, you can have precise control over the smoking process by connecting it any handheld device. The four chrome-coated smoking racks are huge, and there’s an add-on meat probe thermometer too. To add chips, you can use the side loading system, which ensures consistent smoking.
- Bradley Smoker BTDS76P 990216 Smoker. For those who prefer durability and effectiveness over the price, this Bradley Smoker product is a steal. The company offers assembly for this digital smoker, which comes with four racks and can work for 8 hours to offer controlled cool smoke. Please note that this is an outdoor barbecue smoker. You get a digital panel, which allows you to have precise control over smoking, temp, and time.
- Char-Broil Deluxe Digital Electric Smoker. Char-Broil is one brand that doesn’t get smokers wrong. This product is insulated with double-wall construction for extreme durability. You get an advanced control panel, which allows you to check all the details. A food thermometer is included but is also removable, while you have a glass door on the front for visual inspection. The locking mechanism is such that the smoke doesn’t escape, making way for effective smoking.
- Smoke Hollow 30162EW 30-Inch Electric Smoker. This product from Smoke Hollow comes with a window, which allows keeping a tab on the smoking process. It uses a 1500-Watt heating element and includes temperature control, which is completely adjustable and removable. The smoking temp is maintained with double-walled construction, and the package includes a porcelain-coated water pan and three cooking grids.
- Camp Chef Smoker 18-Inch Smoke Vault. If you are on a budget, this is the product we recommend. The large smoker comes with two adjustable smoking racks and one jerky smoking rack, with an add-on door thermometer. It also features matchless snap-ignition, and in case you are new to smoking, Camp Chef offers a booklet that includes recipes, cooking ideas and special tips. There are three adjustable damper valves, of which two are on the sides and one on the top. Not to forget, the product has great reviews.
What to look for in a meat smoker?
Buying a meat smoker can be confusing, but we insist that you check the following aspects.
- Temperature control. Every meat requires a specific kind of smoking, so temperature control is the first aspect you need in the best meat smoker.
- Fuel type. While we are discussing electric smokers, you can go for gas or charcoal variants, as well, although charcoal is not suited for many homes.
- This is a matter of personal choice, but meat smokers need to be big enough to smoke all kinds of meat, with at least two or four racks.
- Cooking space. This is related to the size, but you need a decent cooking area, which is usually measured in square inches.
- Built-in thermometer. It is possible to get a wireless thermometer, but if you have a meat smoker with an add-on, it saves some money.
- Seals and design. Ideally, a meat smoker should be completely sealed, so that the smoking process is efficient and saves time. To be more precise, check the seals and locking system.
Finally, if you have a door, it just offers the visual idea to the current cooking process. It is also recommended that you select a meat smoker that’s backed by brand service and warranty since you won’t replace it anytime soon!