Looks like you need the best torque wrench for dirt bikes. Let’s get after it…
Anyone who owns a dirt bike should consider getting the right automotive tools. By now, you already know that dirt bikes are meant for performance and rough use, and unless you have the tools to help, you may end up in trouble onthe road. Talking of such tools for dirt bike maintenance, the most important one is a torque wrench. There are wrenches that have been specifically designed for the purpose. In this post, we will discuss what it takes to find the best torque wrench for dirt bikes.
In a hurry? WE GET IT, dudes. See our top pick below!
ACDelco ARM601-3 3/8″ Digital Torque Wrench
Reviewing the top five products
When it comes to finding torque wrenches for dirt bike maintenance, you need to find one that covers from 3 to 15 pounds of torque – the range that’s usually required for such vehicles. Do not go for wrenches that start at 20 pounds at the basic torque, because these are not ideal for dirt bikes. To be more precise, dirt bikes require much lower settings. That said, here are the five products that we liked.
- ACDelco ARM601-3 3/8″ Digital Torque Wrench. With a range from 2 to 37 ft-lbs, this one is the perfect torque wrench for dirt bikes and cars alike. This is a digital variant, so you get a buzzer alarm when the required torque is reached. With the accuracy of ± 2% clockwise, this one is a great investment, and it meets the ASME B107.14-2004 standards. The manufacturers offer a one-year limited warranty on the product.
- TEKTON 1/2″ Drive Click Torque Wrench. This is a click-style wrench from TEKTON, which is a known brand for torque wrenches. This product comes with a contrast dual-range scale, so reading in low light is easy. The product has a case along with it and is made of high-quality steel construction, with no plastic parts. The product is calibrated to +/- 4% accuracy, which is great and can be used right out of the box. If you are looking for a durable dirt bike torque wrench, go for this one.
- Craftsman 3/8-in. Dr. Digi-click Torque Wrench. This product from Craftsman is ideal for tightening and adjusting bolts, and we found it to be ideal for dirt bikes. The LED backlit screen is the biggest advantage, which allows you to work even in the darkness of the garage. One touch of a button will convert ft. lb. to in. lb. The handle is pretty comfortable, with assured grip.
- EPAuto 3/8-Inch Drive Click Torque Wrench. EPAuto brings this click-style torque wrench made of Chrome Vanadium steel alloy, which has been heat treated for extreme durability. You also get a sturdy plastic storage case in the package, with a knurled handle. It also features dual range scale for easy reading and accuracy is pre-calibrated to± 4%. The satin finish prevents corrosion, and this product is made in Taiwan.
- Craftsman 9-31424 MicroTork Torque Wrench. If you don’t mind shelling a little more for your dirt bike maintenance, go for this wrench by Craftsman. The product is accurate to +/- 4% and the scales are stamped into the housing to show the required torque settings. It comes with a twist ring for unlocking. This product is one of the few products that work perfectly for vehicles like dirt bikes.
How to choose best torque wrench for dirt bikes?
- First and foremost, go for a wrench that covers from 3 to 15-ft-lb of torque, which is what would be required for a dirt bike.
- Secondly, go for a digital torque wrench if possible. These are much easy to use, and if that’s not possible, go for something that offers a display at the least.
- For most of the bolts on a dirt bike, a 1/4″ wrench is more than adequate, but if you want to get just two products, consider investing in 3/4″ torque wrench.
- Go for a good brand. You don’t want to damage your torque wrench or the bolts while working on the dirt bike, so the quality of the wrench and the brand are aspects that matter. Make sure you don’t compromise on that.
- Pricing is important, but not everything. While pricing is a key factor for most buyers, don’t go for something cheap in the first place. Buy a good wrench that will come in handy, even when you change the bike.
Check online and pick a product right now!
Finding the right torque wrench for your dirt bike can be a total breeze. And we totally get it, too, that we’re guys and we love our tools. Add the fun of having a dirt bike into the equation, and we have some full-on fun times ahead. But performing the proper maintenance on your bike is essential so it continuously performs at its best for years to come. Having the right torque wrench that is made of durable materials is going to always be a great tool to have because over-torqueing is a no, no. When you over-torque your nuts and bolts, it can cause issues with the parts. And it’s a must to torque your wheels to the proper poundage, as well, so they stay locked into place no matter how intense the ride may be. Finding the best torque wrench doesn’t have to be a difficult, headache inducing challenge. Let us take all the guesswork out of the situation for you! After all, it’s what we do here at Club ManDude, find the best options that money can buy so you don’t have to spend all that time searching for the best options.
We totally get it, searching through tons of different products trying to find the best ones can be a daunting task. Looking through all the thousands of options out there while trying to find the best priced option that’s going to have the best functionality while being manufactured with durable materials from a reputable brand can become potentially aggravating. In the age of the internet there is so much to weed through when searching for specific products. It can be a little hectic. So what we do is find the best options that are out there for you. We take the time to be meticulous and search through all the options out there so you don’t have to! It will add simplicity to your life while saving time so you can do more of what you love, riding that dirt bike. So take a look at the list we’ve put together, we’re confident that you will find the option that is right for you. And if you happen to find an even better option out there that didn’t make the list, let us know! We want to do everything we can to stay on top of the best products out there, which can potentially include hearing from our loyal readers.
Being that we’re guys, we love our tools. We love collecting them and having them ready for us whenever a new project or challenge presents itself. So we know the brands that have been around for many years that so many guys depend on to get the task done. Torque wrenches for your dirt bike are no exception! When you look at our list you will see some familiar names, our favorite being from ACDelco. But you will also see two options from Craftsman, as well as TEKTON and EPAuto. All excellent brands that have been around for years, cultivating a name of reliability for themselves. And the great thing about tool manufacturers is, they typically make lots of great tools. And these guys are no exception, there are tons of different tools out there that they make. So maybe you’ll find some other goodies along the way.
The best part about putting these lists together is that we can bring you quality options at affordable prices. When you compare the prices of these torque wrenches, you’re going to see that we were able to bring together five options with comparable prices that don’t skimp on quality. No matter which option you choose, you are going to have an affordable tool that functions just like it should for a very long time. Just take care of it like all the rest of those tools you love! We are confident that no matter which option you choose, you’re going to love its functionality and ability to get the job done. And if you happen to find a better option elsewhere, don’t sweat it. We always want to make sure we’re staying up on all the best stuff out there, so let us know!
If you happen to want a little extra info before choosing, head over to Amazon and check out some buyer verified reviews. They will certainly not disappoint and they’ll give you a great idea of what other guys are saying about these tools before you buy. And being that you’re a dirt bike owner like many of our other ManDude readers, be sure to get out there and have some fun. But be safe, wear the gear, and be careful out there. Happy riding, fellas!