Anyone who owns a dirt bike should consider getting the right automotive tools. By now, you already know that dirt bikes are meant for performance and rough use, and unless you have the tools to help, you may end up in trouble onthe road. Talking of such tools for dirt bike maintenance, the most important one is a torque wrench. There are wrenches that have been specifically designed for the purpose. In this post, we will discuss what it takes to find the best torque wrench for dirt bikes.
In a hurry? WE GET IT, dudes. See our top pick below!
ACDelco ARM601-3 3/8″ Digital Torque Wrench
Reviewing the top five products
When it comes to finding torque wrenches for dirt bike maintenance, you need to find one that covers from 3 to 15 pounds of torque – the range that’s usually required for such vehicles. Do not go for wrenches that start at 20 pounds at the basic torque, because these are not ideal for dirt bikes. To be more precise, dirt bikes require much lower settings. That said, here are the five products that we liked.
- ACDelco ARM601-3 3/8″ Digital Torque Wrench. With a range from 2 to 37 ft-lbs, this one is the perfect torque wrench for dirt bikes and cars alike. This is a digital variant, so you get a buzzer alarm when the required torque is reached. With the accuracy of ± 2% clockwise, this one is a great investment, and it meets the ASME B107.14-2004 standards. The manufacturers offer a one-year limited warranty on the product.
- TEKTON 1/2″ Drive Click Torque Wrench. This is a click-style wrench from TEKTON, which is a known brand for torque wrenches. This product comes with a contrast dual-range scale, so reading in low light is easy. The product has a case along with it and is made of high-quality steel construction, with no plastic parts. The product is calibrated to +/- 4% accuracy, which is great and can be used right out of the box. If you are looking for a durable dirt bike torque wrench, go for this one.
- Craftsman 3/8-in. Dr. Digi-click Torque Wrench. This product from Craftsman is ideal for tightening and adjusting bolts, and we found it to be ideal for dirt bikes. The LED backlit screen is the biggest advantage, which allows you to work even in the darkness of the garage. One touch of a button will convert ft. lb. to in. lb. The handle is pretty comfortable, with assured grip.
- EPAuto 3/8-Inch Drive Click Torque Wrench. EPAuto brings this click-style torque wrench made of Chrome Vanadium steel alloy, which has been heat treated for extreme durability. You also get a sturdy plastic storage case in the package, with a knurled handle. It also features dual range scale for easy reading and accuracy is pre-calibrated to± 4%. The satin finish prevents corrosion, and this product is made in Taiwan.
- Craftsman 9-31424 MicroTork Torque Wrench. If you don’t mind shelling a little more for your dirt bike maintenance, go for this wrench by Craftsman. The product is accurate to +/- 4% and the scales are stamped into the housing to show the required torque settings. It comes with a twist ring for unlocking. This product is one of the few products that work perfectly for vehicles like dirt bikes.
How to choose best torque wrench for dirt bikes?
- First and foremost, go for a wrench that covers from 3 to 15-ft-lb of torque, which is what would be required for a dirt bike.
- Secondly, go for a digital torque wrench if possible. These are much easy to use, and if that’s not possible, go for something that offers a display at the least.
- For most of the bolts on a dirt bike, a 1/4″ wrench is more than adequate, but if you want to get just two products, consider investing in 3/4″ torque wrench.
- Go for a good brand. You don’t want to damage your torque wrench or the bolts while working on the dirt bike, so the quality of the wrench and the brand are aspects that matter. Make sure you don’t compromise on that.
- Pricing is important, but not everything. While pricing is a key factor for most buyers, don’t go for something cheap in the first place. Buy a good wrench that will come in handy, even when you change the bike.
Check online and pick a product right now!