No matter how good you are with DIY plumbing and auto jobs, you need to have a tool kit handy at home at all times. The list of tools in your bag should be adequate to handle regular tasks, and that definitely includes an adjustable wrench. An adjustable wrench, for the uninitiated, is an open-end wrench, which comes with a flexible jaw. A screw helps in adjusting the width of the jaw, as per the size of the fastener. As you can guess, adjustable wrenches are extremely handy for doing different kinds of jobs and for use with different fasteners. If you are wondering who makes the best adjustable wrench and want to buy one, we have a guide below that will sort all the choices.
In a hurry? WE GET IT, dudes. See our top pick below!
TEKTON 23002 6-Inch Adjustable Wrench
Reviewing the top 5 adjustable wrenches
Before we discuss the best brands and how you can choose an adjustable wrench, here’s a quick list of the products we liked.
- TEKTON 23002 6-Inch Adjustable Wrench. TEKTON is a known name in the world of wrenches, and you can rely on this 6” inch wrench for most household jobs. With carbon steel construction, the wrench is drop forged and heat-treated and comes with a satin chrome plated finish that prevents corrosion. The slide jaw and worm gear have been designed for perfect adjustment without any hassle. The product meets ANSI standards and has ¾-inch jaw capacity. The same product is available in other sizes, as well, so select one that fits your needs.
- Stanley 90-947 6-Inch MaxSteel Adjustable Wrench. Stanley brings this Laser-etched SAE wrench with mm jaw scale that ensures easy adjustment as required. The movable jaw is further stabilized with the tension spring. The product meets ANSI specifications and is designed from chrome vanadium steel for assured durability. The bi-material handle ensures an adequate strong grip. Stanley is one of the few brands that offer alimited lifetime warranty on such wrenches.
- WORKPRO W003202A 4-piece Adjustable Wrench Set. If you want to get a wrench set instead of singular wrenches, this set from WORKPRO is a perfect pick. There are four wrenches included in the package, all made from quality forged carbon steel further heat-treated for assured durability. The wrenches feature 4-sided jaw design with I-beam construction, while chrome plated finish prevents rusting and corrosion. The sizes included are 6-inch, 8-inch, 10-inch and 12-inch.
- Craftsman Evolv 3 Piece Adjustable Wrench Set. Craftsman always produces strong wrenches, and this set includes three different sizes – 6-inch, 8-inch and 10-inch. The brand offers Lifetime Guarantee on the product, and each of the wrenches is made of durable, rust-resistant steel. The jaw width can be easily adjusted using the easy-to-turn knurls so that you can work around different fastener sizes. Rely on Craftsman when it comes to wrench sets of this kind!
- Crescent AC28VSAdjustable Wrench. Crescent brings this 8-inch adjustable wrench, which comes with wider knurl for easy adjustment. The wrench hasa laser etched scale, which helps in determining the fastener size easily. Crescent has been a favored brand for the longest time, and their wrenches are made from heat-treated forged alloy steel for that extra durability. The built-in tension spring stabilizes the jaw and helps in knurl adjustment effortlessly.
Who makes the best adjustable wrench?
When it comes to the brand, some are obviously more famed than others because of the production standards and warranty offered on the product. Some of the ones we recommend include –
What else to look for?
Adjustable wrenches are typically more used than your standard wrenches, which is why quality and construction are two aspects that need absolute attention. Wrenches should be anything but cheap, and you have to look for products that have been designed for varied mechanical use. The warranty on the product is important as the brand, and it might be a good idea to go for a set of wrenches instead of just one, although it depends on the kind of use you have in mind. Adjustable wrenches need to be corrosion resistant, and it is a good idea to check for the adjustment mechanism that shouldn’t require any extra effort because while doing mechanical work, you wouldn’t have that much time.
With those aspects in mind, check online now and find the product that suits your needs. We hope the listed products above fit the bill and help in selecting the right adjustable wrench.d